For Carports, Garages and RV Covers
Every city and/or county varies. It is your responsibility as the customer to check with your county if any permits are required and if so, what you will need. (Note: You will need to place the order in order to receive any plans.)
permits, order, plans
Yes, the ground needs to be level or else the unit will be installed on land "AS IS". A slope greater than 3% is considered "NOT LEVEL."Our installers will NOT do any ground work to the land, so any ground work needed must be done before the date of installation. If the land isn't leveled it will be up to you "The Customer" to fill in any gaps left in the bottom of the base rail.
ground, order, installation
Not necessarily, we can install metal buildings, carports and garages on dirt and asphalt as well. We do not do any foundation work. Give us a call at 209-200-8498 for recommendations and help with foundation questions.
ground, installation, foundation
If you choose to cancel the order of the structure, and it has not gone into production, we will refund the deposit to customers.
To get started, fill out our online quote form or give us a call at 209-200-8498. Our operating hours are Monday-Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. Once we have all the building information including length, width, height, style, options, accessories, colors, address and contact information, we would then need a signature and phone number(s) to contact you to schedule installation dates and a 10% down payment. Call for more info.
order, getting started, installation
Concrete Slab Foundation
The perimeter of the concrete slab foundation should have a "footing" (12" wide x 12" thick) and in the center of the slab, the minimum thickness required is 4" inches. The 12"x12" footing is required to prevent the slab from chipping/cracking when anchoring the unit. Your local codes may require a larger footing, please consult local codes to determine your specific requirements. There are two options for concrete slab sizes.
- Edge Flush. The concrete slab size is required to be the exact size of your metal building. For example, if your unit is a 14' wide x 23' long then your slab has to be 14' wide x 23' long. With this option the base rail of the building will be flush with the outside edge of the slab. L-brackets welded to the inside of the base rail will be utilized for anchor placement. This will give enough distance from the edge of the slab to prevent chipping and cracking of the slab. Where building sides and/or ends are enclosed, side and end panels will extend beyond the base rail to prevent water from entering under the base rail.
- Edge Offset. The concrete slab size is required to be 6" longer and 6" wider than the size of your metal building. For example, if your unit is a 14' wide x 23' long then your slab has to be 14'6" wide x 23'6" long. With this option the base rail will be 6" from the edge of the slab and concrete anchors will be placed directly through the base rail. The 6" offset will give enough distance from the edge to prevent chipping and cracking of the slab. Where building sides and/or ends are enclosed, Z-flashing will be utilized to prevent water from entering under the base rail.
Concrete Strip Foundation
The perimeter of the concrete strip foundation should have a "footing" (12" wide x 12" thick). The 12"x12" footing is required to prevent the slab from chipping/cracking when anchoring the unit. Your local codes may require a larger footing, please consult local codes to determine your specific requirements. The footing is optional at open end walls and roll-up door openeings.
For more questions regarding concrete anchoring please give us a call at 209-200-8498.
getting started, ground, foundation
From the day you place the finalized order and let us know you are ready, the installation period is currently 6-8 weeks. For instance, if you placed your order today, installation could begin as soon as Friday March 10th, 2023 or before Friday March 24th, 2023. Please note, these dates are estimates and actual time will depend on demand.
installation, order, getting started
Colors are available for four building components: top/roof, sides & ends/body, roof trim and body trim. There are 13 metal building colors to choose from and they can be seen on our metal building colors page.
Steel. We offer both 12 and 14 gauge galvanized steel frame buildings with 29 gauge steel roofing designed to handle large amounts of use.
getting started, materials
R15 Reflective Insulation/Vapor Barrier
- Reflective Insulation (R-V 15.67)
- ICC-ES Recognized and energy star qualified
- More tear resistant than foam interior
- Works in temperatures as extreme - 20 Degrees Celsius and as high as 80 degrees Celsius, if an airspace is added it can go up to 300 degrees Celsius
- No Asbestos
In simple terms, R-value is a measure of how well a barrier, such as a layer of insulation, resists the conductive flow of heat. The R-value of our insulation is 15. Insulation is $2/square foot. We can insulate both the walls and the roof.
- Square tubed buildings can be built to local building codes to withstand the harshest weather.
- Available in 14 gauge & 12 gauge square galvanized framing & 29 gauge powder coated steel agricultural sheeting.
All of our steel frame materials used are 100% galvanized.
- 14 gauge (2.5" square tubing)
- 12 gauge (2.25" square tubing)
Yes, we offer free delivery & free installation in all the locations we offer service. Feel free to contact a LodiMetalBuidlings.com customer service representative at (209) 200-8498 for more information.
installation, pricing, getting started
Financing is available for for accessory buildings, including carports, garages, boat covers and RV covers, through LightStream, a national online consumer lending division of SunTrust Bank, the flagship subsidiary of SunTrust Banks Inc., one of the nation’s leading financial services companies. Click here for details.